Friday, December 23, 2011

RACK

I stumbled upon a blog yesterday about giving back and I'm so inspired by this idea. I am always looking for ways to teach my children about the importance of giving back and this is an idea where they can get involved. It's called RACK: Random Acts of Christmas Kindness. The link is http://tsjphotography.com/blog/random-acts-of-christmas-kindness-summary/ but basically, you do something small everyday to brighten someone elses day. Some examples could be putting money in someones meter, leaving coins taped to a vending machine or crain machine for kids, bringing coffee and donuts to teachers or firemen, paying for someones meal in line behind you at a fast food restaurant, donating toys to toys or tots or a local hospital, donating coats, hats, and gloves to a homeless shelter....the possibilites are endless. I'm so excited to start this next December. Although we do the "Santa" thing, I want to make sure I teach my kids it is not all about Santa. I hope you are as inspired by this as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen