Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Allegiant- Book Review



(synopsis)
 What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?


The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.



I am not even sure where to start....  First, I really liked the book.  I loved the characters and I am really looking forward to the movies.  While I thought the ending was appropriate, it was still so sad.  It isn't what I wanted, but I'm not upset that it ended that way.  Does that make sense?    I don't want to give too much away.  All in all, I was happy and I really enjoyed the series.  Yes, I wanted it to be a happy ending, but in some ways...it was.  What did you think?


3 comments:

  1. I'm only halfway through, so I will let you know what I think! I keep trying to finish it, but I fall asleep because I read in bed, and I'm one tired mommy!

    Can you believe the author is only 25??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the book. I agree with you that I would have preferred a happier ending, but I think this one makes more sense. I heard a lot of people complaining about the ending, but I thought it was well-done!

    My biggest complaint is that Tris and Tobias had the exact same "voice", so I kept getting confused about whose POV we were on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your review! I'm going to put it on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen