This Saturday is my Dad's memorial service/celebration of life. I am still at a loss for words. I miss my Dad every single day. The worst is when I am at work or driving home from work because those are the times when my Dad and I would talk most (either over email while at work or on the phone on my drive home). I'm having trouble remembering him when he was well. I'm guessing that is because I spent 24 hours a day with him for the last 5 weeks of his life. I saw his rapid decline and suffering. When I think of him, those are the images that I see and I can't fix it. I'm hoping that will change in time.
This Saturday, I will be giving a eulogy. I will be talking about the life my Dad lived and the advice he gave me. Please pray that I can get through this, that I will have the peace and strength to talk about the wonderful man that my Dad was.
Thank you
Sending positive thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. A couple months after I lost my dad (4 years ago) I was also afraid that I was starting to forget him. I think maybe because I lost that consistent contact with him, that I would somehow lose the memories and knowledge I had of him. However, it's almost like the lack of adding more memories has heightened the memories I have of him so much more. It's hard to explain, I guess; I just want to let you know you aren't alone. Thinking of you.
ReplyDelete