Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Last Gift - Cancer Cannot Erase Memories

Today marks 2 months since my Dad passed away.  I wanted to post this earlier, but I'm still having trouble handling everything.  I spent my birthday this year (my bday was April 16th) in Florida helping to care for my Dad.  At the time, he was aware and able to communicate.  It was so special to be with him, but I did not want to actually "celebrate".  My Dad was NOT happy.  He was not happy that he wasn't well enough to get me a gift or do anything special with me.  For me, I was just happy to be with him.
Anyway...what I didn't realize was that my Dad asked my stepmother (who is an awesome seemstress/quilter) to make me a quilt.  He picked out the fabrics and pattern.  He said it was "bright and happy". 



They gave this to me when I arrived in June for his memorial service.  While my heart breaks, I am so happy to have this final special gift from my Dad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen