Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Traditions

There are so many great Christmas traditions out there now.  We do "elf on the shelf" and we always go to look at Christmas lights, but what I want to know is what traditions you do to keep the focus on Jesus's birthday?
For the past 2 years, we have a little birthday party for Jesus.  Typically, I would make cupcakes, but this year was a little hectic and we just had to make due with a cookie.

We also go to a candlelight service every Christmas Eve.  This year, we went to my old church back home.  I really loved going with my family. 
What Christmas traditions do you have and how to you remind your kids that it's more about Jesus's birthday and less about presents from Santa?


1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! Our girls were quite young this Christmas, (2yrs old & 6 months!) can't wait for next year when the oldest will start to understand things more! Definitely love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen