
Amazon's Description: Joyce Maynard, acclaimed author of At Home in the World, is back with Labor Day. The unforgettable story of a mother and son forever changed during a long summer weekend when a mysterious man comes into their lives. Labor Day is “a sexy, page turning, poignant story” (Jane Hamilton, author of A Map of the World) that “affirms Maynard’s reputation as a master storyteller and shows her to be a passionate humanist with a gifted ear and heart” (People)
I'm sure you've all seen the movie trailer for Labor Day staring Kate Winslet. I must say...it looked good and the book description sounded interesting. I was excited to read it, but.... it was slow. It was not the page turner that I had hoped it would be; however, it was a sweet love story. The characters were complex and had depth. I enjoyed getting to know their story. Even the secondary characters were interesting. I also liked the conclusion and how I wasn't left with any questions. Overall, I thought it was well written with well developed characters. If you can get past the first half of the book...it ends up being a great story.
Ugh I still can't decide if I want to read it. I can't decide. I hate a slow book.
ReplyDelete