I'm sorry I've been MIA recently. I've had a lot going on and I've had little/no access to blogger. You see....In March, my Dad ended up in the ER. His cancer had spread and we reached a breaking point. He had to have surgery to put in a G-Tube to drain his stomach and he was released to hospice for palliative care. We (as a family) went down a week later to visit. We came home after a week and then a week later, I flew back down and pretty much stayed until he passed away on May 24th. I came home twice to see my kids.
I don't think I can write about the experience of watching my Dad's health deteriorate. I can't yet form words to write about what I experienced. I'm not sure I will ever be able to describe the feelings I had/have and the emotional toll it took on me to be a primary caregiver for my parent. I will; however, attempt to post more about his life, including a copy of the eulogy that I wrote for his celebration of life.
As the primary caregiver for my Mom as she died from cancer, I can only send you positive thoughts. Thank you for being so selfless. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear this. My husband just lost his uncle to cancer (May 25th to be exact). It was crazy to see how quickly he went down hill. We saw him just before Mother's Day and he was talking and walking. My thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad four years ago and have felt blessed (if you can call it that) that it was a total blindside and very unexpected and sudden. Heartbreaking for the loss, but thankful for him that it was sudden. Even in death he was teaching me about selfless love. It is a tough road ahead, and I hope you don't mind if I pray for you and your family.
ReplyDeletePraying for your family!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. Praying for your family.
ReplyDelete