Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Florida - Packing the Garage

So, last week, we went to Florida to help go through my Dad's garage.  It was an emotional weekend, but all in all...we had a great time and I loved seeing my family again.  I realized that although life has changed since my Dad passed (he was the glue that held us together), I still have family there.  I still have my stepmom and sisters.  That will not change. 
 

We worked hard on Saturday and got almost everything done.  This is my husband with my youngest sister, Kate.


I took this picture on the last night at my Dad's house.  Our next visit will be to pick up the rest of our stuff---and the house will be completely empty.  The movers come the day before.  It will be a hard and emotional day I'm sure.
 
This was taken on the way to the airport.  I am so fortunate that our kids love each other and play well together. 
 
This was on the way home.  We were all exhausted.  This picture is special to me as Mia bought my Dad that stuff dog a few years ago for Father's Day.  Now...it is hers and she really does love it.
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Glad you felt some peace and you guys are able to maintain a semblance of family even with his loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that had to be so difficult for you. I'm glad you got to spend some time with family. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen