Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dad's old slides


Do you know what's weird?  It's seeing pictures of your parents--together (or even just younger) that you never knew existed.  My parents divorced when I was 2 so I never really saw pictures of them togeether.  You see, my Dad had these pictures (and more) on slides.  He also bought a projector.  My stepmom gave it all to me after his death and these are some of the gems that I found. 


 
This is my mom.  She was likely in her late 20's here in their first house.

My parents took a trip across the country (driving).  This was apparently one of their stops.  This is my mom.  She was probably in her mid 20's here. 

This is my Grandmother (my mom's mom).  I was very close to her and Mia is actually named after her (Rosalie). 

My mom again--same cross country trip.

My mom.  Apparently this was their car. 

 
This is my mom and my Great Grandmother.  I never knew here.  She was my Grandfather's mother (on my mom's side).  I

My mom again- not sure why she keeps posing with cars. 

My mom in New Mexico- cross country trip.

It's ME!! 

My Dad and I.  This is one of my favorites.  It reminds me that my Dad loved me so much. 
 
More of me.  I was a chubby baby.

I think this is my favorite.  I love my Dad's blue eyes. 

My parents together.  I still can't wrap my head around that one.  I just don't get it. 

My Dad

Dad again. 

This last one is my Grandfather (Dad's Dad).   He was a good man.  Unfortunately, he had early onset Alzheimer's so my memories of him are of him when he was sick.  I love seeing his pictures. 


1 comment:

Would love to hear from you,
Karen