Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake

So, by now everyone knows that they was a 5.8 point earthquake in VA yesterday. Working in DC, we definitely felt it. It was scary, though at first, I had no idea what was happening. I ran out of my office and my coworkers and I just kind of looked at each other like, "what's going on". Seconds later, my mom called in a panic. I told her to grab Pax and go to the basement. I have no idea if that is good advise or not, but it sounded good at the time. Immediately after, the alarm sounded at work and we were evacuated. This was around 2:20pm. By 2:30pm, we were sent home. Unfortunately for me, I ride the bus in as there is NO parking in my building unless you are in an already established carpool :(. The buses don't start running until 3pm so .... I had to wait. By 3pm traffic was terrible and it took me 3 hours to get home.
I don't have anything more exciting to say. I'm grateful that my sisters and I could establish contact (thank God for FB!!) and they were able to check on Mia for me. The biggest eye opener for me was...I know now that eventually, I will need to find a job closer to home. Being stuck in DC when my kids need me, with no transportation, is not acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen