Today is August 30th. It is also the 1 year anniversary of my little man's open heart surgery. I have very mixed emotions today. I am so happy and so grateful that he is here and healthy. However, it brings back such vivid memories of what we went through. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I remember going into Dr. V's office. The first thing he said was, "Don't worry, I will save your son. I will fix him." I was skeptical, but that is what I needed to hear and he made me more confident. The surgery was originally scheduled for September to allow him time to gain weight and I remember begging him to please wait till October. September is a very hard month for us. We have always had bad things happen during that month (car stolen on wedding day, losing Parker, etc.). Dr. V said...."I'll turn it around for you. You'll see. I'll make Sept a good month". Well, as it turns out, the surgery was in August as Paxton was not gaining weight as we hoped, but he did follow through and make good on his promise. He fixed my son's heart and we are forever grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you,
Karen