Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pinterest = my new addiction



If you know me, then you know I LOVE new craft ideas. You also know that I am probably the least crafty person ever. Seriously....I can't even wrap gifts well. My husband wraps gifts better than me. I have the best intentions and the worst execution. I won't go into the craft projects that I've started and failed miserably at but the list is long. Most recently, I found pinterest. Pinterest is a site where you can create an inspiration board of ideas. It is filled with wonderful inventive ideas for kids crafts and DIY projects. It's probably my husband's worst nightmare :). So anyway...the first project I wanted to attempt was a memory jar. In the past 3 years, New Years has been kinda hard on me. The "flipping" over of a new year to me, signafies year without Parker. It makes me sad. So...I thought this was the perfect easy starter project. Basically, you get a jar and you fill it with happy memories throughout the year and you read them on New Years. Sounds easy right? That's what I thought too until I tried to decorate the jar. Turns out, among the long list of things I'm not good at--bow tieing is near the top. Go figure. This is what I came up with.

If I ever decide to make this public, I welcome any classes or tutorials on how to make bows :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen