Thursday, November 3, 2011

work

I never used to want to be a stay at home mom. I like my job. I like interacting with adults and feeling like I'm doing something useful and accomplishing something. I like helping people, but recently, I've been really wishing I could stay home with the kids. I miss them. Mia is in "preschool", but I feel like I could do so much with Paxton. I'm grateful that he is with my mom, but there are so many things I need to work on with him, especially with his food/texture issues. It is so frustrating that I don't have the time to really put into helping him they way that I would like. I get home just in time to make dinner. Sometimes, my mom has already fed him because it's late and he is hungry. I'm jealous of those moms who get to have play dates during the day. I guess on the flip side, maybe they are jealous too? I work so that I can afford to do things with my kids and take them places. I work so that we can afford our house. Hopefully, this tradeoff will pay off someday.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I am in the same exact boat and always put so much pressure on myself to maximize the time I have with Smith. Its not a fun feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen