I struggle with this question whenever I'm asked. Do I say 2 because I have 2 children at home with me? This is the easy way out as then I don't make them feel uncomfortable.
Do I say 3 because Parker was stillborn? Or....do I say 4 because of Parker and the baby I miscarried? I truly believe that my miscarried baby is waiting for me in Heaven as well. So...how would you answer it? I feel so guilty when I say 2. I feel like I am intentionally forgetting about Parker and it breaks my heart. On the flip side, I really dislike making people uncomfortable.
So...please feel free to tell me what you would do.
I would say, "Two on earth and two in heaven!" If I received a response like that, it wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. In fact, it would make me smile =] I have a family friend who lost a baby (stillborn) and she always referred to her as one of her children. She even signed her name on birthday cards and such with the rest of the family.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to add, if you give your comment with a friendly smile, I don't see why it would make anyone uncomfortable!
ReplyDelete