Monday, October 7, 2013

Jacob's Dream: bible lesson for preschoolers

So, I've fallen behind on my weekly bible lesson plans, but...in my defense, I've had a lot going on with birthdays, surgeries, etc.  I'm trying to get back on track.  This week, we learned about Jacob.  Ok...we sort of learned about Jacob.  It's hard to get the kids to sit down and listen when the weather here is so beautiful.  I try to do it during dinner...when they are sitting anyway.  Here's how it went:
We read the story and talked a little about it.  Then we did a few "projects".

This is a worksheet I found online and it asks you to list ways (on the ladder) that you can grow closer to God.  We listed 5 including:  Pray, Sing, Help, Love, and Share. 

I found a coloring sheet of an Angel and we colored this and talked about the angel in Jacob's dream.

Lastly...and this one was a little hard...we had to find the differences in the pictures.  Mia did ok with it, but needed a little help.  It is a picture of Joseph asleep on a rock. 

I found all of these online.  Sorry, I keep forgetting to note the website, but I just googled Jacob's dream for preschoolers and I found them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen