So far, over the past 22 days, I've lost 2 family members. I've had a friend involved in a serious car accident (his fault) where the passenger in the other car was killed). We have 2 parents with stage IV cancer and Paxton is not making any improvements with his eating. I feel one step away from a nervous breakdown.
It's times like this when I have to take a step back (which is very hard for me). I've heard people say that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, but I've never read that in the bible. In fact, I think quite the opposite. I think he gives us more than we can handle so that we can fully rely on him. So...that's what I'm going to try to do (again...very hard for a control freak like me).
Instead of focusing on the negative things we have going on (which are many), I'm going to instead try to concentrate on what I can be thankful for.
Today, I am thankful for our friend, Paul, who is a plumber. Our well pump broke and we had no water. He was able to come over the next morning and replace it. I'm also thankful for good friends. We had a little facebook controversy on my husbands page the other day. He posted something that we had both previously laughed about; however, after it was posted, a lot of people commented negatively about me. I was shocked as Chris and I had actually thought it was funny. I was even more shocked that one comment was from his sister. I was hurt and offended. I'm thankful for my friends who were there to defend me and offer support. I had a handful of friends who know me well who called, texted, and emailed me. They know me, they know my personality, and never for a second thought that I was actually upset about what he had posted. It really makes me appreciate those friends. I know I'm not always the easiest person to get to know. I'm shy and not really easy to get to know (or so I'm told) so I am thankful that I have such a great group of friends who have taken the time to get to know me and who love me know matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you,
Karen