Wednesday, January 15, 2014

DIY Wreath--and I didn't mess it up!




I've been seeing the tulle wreaths all over pinterest--especially for Valentines Day and I knew I had to make one--or 2.  It was so easy even I couldn't mess it up!  I think I did mine a little different, but I'll tell you about it anyway.
I bought a small (8 or 9 inch) wreath form and two 6 inch x 20 yard spools of tulle.  For this one, I used pink and purple (this one was for Mia's room).  I cut strips appoximately 8 or 9 inches long.  I just eyed it.  I'm not fancy and I don't have time to measure. 
After I cut my strips, I just tied knots.  That's it.  I did sometimes tie the pink with the purple.  I felt like that pulled them closer to gather and left less gaps.  Very simple and I'm really happy with the finished product (sorry, I didn't take a picture).  Now, I just need something either in the middle or on the side.  Any suggestions?



2 comments:

  1. Very cute, Karen! Without seeing the whole thing, not sure if it would look right but maybe her initial on the side? They sell all sorts of shapes and sizes at Michaels. You can make a tutu next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, too cute..please show the finished product.
    Can you believe we are approaching our 1 year blog friendship anniversary/mug swap? I still use my mug almost daily and it has a prominent place among my favorite mugs!

    Hope you and your family are having a wonderful New Year so far. How's the house?

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen