Friday, August 29, 2014

A Day in DC- Walk to the WWII Monument and Lincoln Memorial

All week I've been documenting our day in DC.  This is the final day.  The first thing we did when leaving the Air and Space Museum was ride the Carousel.  It's always a huge hit with the kids. 




We took some time to play in the grass on the way to the WWII Memorial

I love that my kids really love each other.




It was a great view. 

 
This monument is very special to me.  First, I saw it for the first time with my Dad.  He loved history and especially learning about WWII.  Second, my great uncle (my Dad's uncle) was a Pearl Harbor survivor.  It's a special memorial and a great way to honor those soldiers.

Our next stop (and the last stop with pictures) was the Lincoln Memorial.  The kids were not impressed.  They were pretty tired by this point.

 
Exhausted...



Overall...a really awesome day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen