This week has been a hectic one. My first baby, my little girl started kindergarten. I really thought I would take it well. I had spent months preparing myself for this day. Tuesday morning, we woke up bright and early--I should clarify--Mia woke us up bright and early. She was super excited to ride the bus to school on her first day. We spent the morning trying on different outfits and deciding what to wear. Of course, she would NEVER pick what I recommended (and the outfit I specifically bought her for her first day), but....whatever. After, we ate breakfast and took pictures. First we got a few inside.
That didn't last long....Mia was really excited about the bus so we then walked to the bus stop.
That's right...I documented everything.
Did I mention how excited she was??
So...then we waited...
And got more pictures....
and more pictures...
Then we waited some more...
Still waiting...
a little hugging...
more posing for pictures...
more waiting...
By this time...I'm getting a little worried, but still snapping pictures
Mia's starting to get bored...
She's about done now...
So...we change positions and wait some more...
and take more pictures...
Couldn't leave out my little man
I love his smile...
So, while we are still waiting, we decide to talk to Uncle Dougie on the phone...
Then wait some more...
There are no pictures after this....as the bus NEVER showed up. All of that excitement...gone. It turned to devastation. She cried and cried and cried. We drove her to school. Of course, by then, she was almost late. She was very upset and anxious. She wouldn't let me go. The teacher literally pried her little fingers from my arm. It was awful. I was upset all morning. Not only had my baby gone off to kindergarten, but she went off in tears. I worried ALL day. At 3:30, I arrived back at the school. Being the helicopter mom that I am, I wanted to be sure my daughter got on the bus. So, I pulled up by the school and watched. The buses arrived 40 minutes late (thank goodness I wasn't at home to sit and worry as to why the bus was not here).
This is me...racing home so that I can beat the bus and get pictures.
Here is the bus...arriving 30 seconds later :)
One look at her smile and all of my worries faded...
She had a GREAT first day! She made new friends and had fun. Overall, all that worry was for nothing. While I'm still sad to see her grow up so fast, I could not be more proud of my beautiful sweet girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you,
Karen