Monday, January 6, 2014

Family Update

So, blogger is not really working well for me this morning.  Pictures are not posting, etc.  So, today I'll just fill you in on what's going on in our lives.  Let's just hope the old wives tale is not true- when they say whatever you are doing on New Years is what you will be doing the rest of the year.  I spent my New Years in bed, sick.  But, I'm feeling better now so that's good.  Here's an update on our family.

  • My Dad- My Dad has officially declined any and all treatment.  He has cancelled all of his Doctor's appointments and even stopped taking his current medication (for cholesterol).  He has decided to live his life as best as possible until the Cancer will not allow him to live it anymore.  My heart is broken, though in many ways, I admire his bravery and determination to stick to his guns despite my pleading.  I see now where I get my strong will and stubborness.  He now has back pain which leads me to believe that the cancer has spread to his bones.  I desperately hope I am wrong.  We are going to visit in March.
  • Chris's Mom-  Chris's mom is so strong.  I really admire her positive attitude and outlook.  She is recovering well from her brain surgery.  The biopsy results determined that the cancer found in her brain was not breast cancer (nor brain cancer) which means, there is a new primary somewhere.  We are waiting on a pet scan for further information.  She feels great and looks amazing so I have high hopes that she is going to beat this!
  • Paxton- My little man definitely takes after me with his stubborness.  We have made no improvements.  The therapist is recommending another round of feeding therapy for 6 weeks.  Chris and I are not onboard right now--for many reasons.  We are looking into alternative treatment.  On the plus side, he is strong and healthy! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen