For most of my life, I've been called ditsy, dumb blond, etc (I had natural blond hair until I got pregnant). I am book smart, but there are times when I have lacked in common sense. I try hard to overcome this stereotype, but....there are days, like Monday when I proved people right yet again.
I wrote yesterday about how I butchered a recipe and served raw chicken. This is a recipe that the lady in my carpool lady gave me.
Specifically, she said:
put chicken in a 9x13 pan. Add one cup of cream of chicken soup and 1 cup of milk. Then, in a separate bowl, mix stovetop and 1 stick of melted butter. Put this mixture on top of the chicken and bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
I followed these directions to a T. When it was a big fat failure, I was stunned.
So, yesterday, on the car ride home, I asked what I did wrong. I repeated her directions back step by step. Well, apparently, you are supposed to "cook" the chicken first. Seriously...would you all have known that? Am I the only one who assumed the chicken would cook itself in the oven? Please tell me I'm not alone here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you,
Karen