Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Review - Bared to you---this book is hot


via
H

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness... 

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... 

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private worlds...and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...


 
 
I loved this book...this is probably one of my favorite romance novels; however, I found book 2 to be not as exciting.  The potential was there, but there was not enough drama.  But anyway...I'm looking forward to book 3 coming out in May and I'm excited to participate in this months book club questions. 
 
1. What did you think of Gideon Cross?  He's hot...tall, dark, and handsome.  A bad boy with a good heart. 
2. If you had to pick an actor to play Gideon in a movie who would it be?  Although he is supposed to have longish hair, I picture someone like Matt Boomer.
3. Thoughts on Eva?  She's smart and beautiful, yet very insecure.  I really liked her in book 1, but in book 2 she seemed a little needy (in my opinion).
4. If you had to pick an actress to play Eva in a movie who would it be?  Good question!  She is supposed to be young and blond....maybe Blake Lively?  Amanda Seifried? 
5. Thoughts on Gideon and Eva's relationship?  I really like them together.  Somehow, their dysfunction works. 
6. Thoughts on sexual abuse past for the characters?  I wish they had gone further into Gideon's past in book 1. 
7. Which is better- Fifty Shades or Bared to you?  Bared to you.  Ana's "Inner Goddess" in 50 Shades was really annoying. 


3 comments:

  1. I like ur review but I haven't even finished the book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt Boomer- good one! I struggled to see both characters in these books. I think both these books are good, but I think Eva's breakdowns annoyed me as much as the "inner goddess" crap. Thanks for linking up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, her "Inner Goddess" was sooo annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen