Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bobby Flay Day!

You may or may not know...I have a bucket list.  Yesterday, I got to cross one thing off of my list.  I met Bobby Flay!



I'm not a chef...infact, I can barely cook, but I love to watch him on Iron Chef or Throw Down with Bobby Flay.  He has a great personality and always appears so gracious and humble...yet funny!  He was equally as great in person, though I was definitely a babbling idiot. 

I stood in line for 2 hours at our local mall for his book signing. 


At least they brought around food and drinks.  I can't complain. 


He signed my books and posed for a picture with me.  I tried to make small talk (which if you have met me in real life, you'll know it's something I totally suck at).  I ended up coming off sounding ridiculous, but anyway...
Do you notice anything about the picture??  Bobby Flay is skinny!!  I am bigger than him!  Sad, but true.  See the first picture.  See, I told you.  He was great though.  I learned 2 things from our encounter.  1- I need to go on a diet and 2- he is just as laid back and nice in person. 

Have you had any great celebrity meetings?



3 comments:

  1. Haha. I met a Spanish soap opera star once. She was sitting at the table next to me at a famous dessert shop in NYC. I felt so tongue tied but I managed to say that she plays a good villain. She was so down to earth and had her two daughters with her. I'll never forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat that you got to meet Bobby Flay! I looove the food at his Mesa Grill restaurant. When I lived in NYC, I saw a ton of celebs on the street but I never said anything.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $50 Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting for you! I don't know that I've ever had a celebrity meet up per se, but I met my favorite blogger who is huge (her blog- not her personally) and I was beside myself with happiness. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen