Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Diagnosis....

I had another post scheduled for today, but in light of recent news...I can't bring myself to post anything happy today. 
Last night, I got the call I had been dreading.  The call I had had nightmares about all weekend...  My Dad has stage 4 cancer that has spread to both lungs.  They are not sure if his colon is still the primary or if his lungs are a new primary, but I guess that information will come soon.  What I do know...is that he is classified as stage 4- incurable and that I am absolutely sick to my stomach. 

I've decided that over the next few weeks, I am going to post stories/memories of me and my Dad.  I want to remember the positive happy memories and have those to look back on and show my kids.  I've also decided to research and learn everything I can so that we can fight this.  While my Dad may not want to fight, I do.  Perhaps my bimonthly trips to Florida will convince him to give it everything he's got to beat this? 

That's all for today as I have a lot of research to do (and work as well).  I know I asked last week, but please please keep my Dad (Bill) in your prayers.  Please also pray that God will bring him peace and that he will seek comfort in God.
Thank you


6 comments:

  1. I most certainly will. I pray for peace right now for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so so sorry to hear this. i will be thinking of your family and think posting about him is a wonderful idea. your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis. I look forward to reading your posts about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Karen. Will be keeping him and you (family) in my prayers! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry to hear this, Karen. I'll be keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Love your idea to share your stories about him with us.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen