This year, we talked all week about how Jesus died on the cross and on the 3rd day he rose from the grave. While my 4 year old doesn't exactly understand, she does get it. Unfortunately, that has also led to several other questions about death...mainly about her brother, Parker. While I was not exactly prepared, I am glad that our talks got her thinking and realizing that Jesus did in fact die for us.
We do not talk about the Easter bunny a lot in our house. My kids understand that he is a character, much like Cinderella, but that Easter is more than a man in a bunny suit. They get Easter baskets, but they also know that the baskets are from us. They receive an Easter basket (gift) because that is how we celebrate the gift that God gave us. While you may not agree with our approach, I'm really happy with how it went this year. I'm happy that my kids had a fun time hunting eggs with their cousins, playing with their new toys, and spending time with family and friends.
I hope you all had a great Easter!
Easter Sunday in front of the cross of flowers at church
Easter love
looks like you had a fantastic easter weekend!!
ReplyDeleteI love the reasoning for your gift. Such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteIt has to be hard to talk about but I think it is so sweet that she is asking about it. I hope it helped you and them at the same time.
ReplyDeletehappy easter friend!
Great reasons!
OMG!! Mia & Paxton so adorable and so cute!!..perfect family : ) love to read about real Easter meaning..i had a good Easter too!!..following from Olive & Ivy Blog..
ReplyDeletexoxo
Chingri
Love the Easter love pic! And I think your approach is so realistic, it's definitely important to teach the foundation of faith-based holidays such as Easter and Christmas. It's admirable that you allow them to participate so that they don't feel left out, while truly teaching the meaning. New follower :-)
ReplyDeleteAdrienne