Tuesday, June 25, 2013

BIble Story and Craft- The Sneaky Snake

Two weeks ago we read the first part of the story of Adam and Eve.  Last week, we read the second part, the Sneaky Snake. I have to admit, it was hard to come up with snake themed crafts, but...I managed to do 2.  Keep in mind...I'm not creative or crafty, but I think I managed to get the point of the lesson across.


I was going to have them make a paper chain snake (as seen on pinterest), but I realized that I would be doing most (if not all) of the work.  Since evenings are really hectic at my house (dinner, baths, packing lunches, etc.), I took an easier route.  I had already pre-cut strips of paper so we just taped them together.  I let the kids decorate their snake with crayons and stickers. 

On day 2, we made play doh snakes.  I think this was especially good for Paxton as he has sensory issues.  I helped him make his blue snakes. 

Mia made pink snakes...and used a pen to make little eyes. 

We also learned a new song-- called Adam and Eve and it goes to the tune of the Adams Family. 

Next week:  Noah's Ark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen