Your birthday is 3 weeks away! Can you believe it? I know I can't. It seems like yesterday that I was carrying you in my belly. Well little man, what can I say...you are like a big ball of sunshine. You are bright and full of laughter and fun. You love life. You love music, sports (especially baseball and soccer), airplanes and trains. You are all boy (except when you wear your sister's tutu).
You have been through so much and I cringe to think of what you still have ahead of you (medically speaking). Next week, we will be meeting with an ENT at Hopkins to talk about having your tonsils and admoids taken out and having tubes put back in. I do not want this, but....you need this. It literally makes me sick to think about you having another surgery of any kind. In July, we will meet with your Urologist again to talk about repairing another issue from your last surgery. This too, upsets me. I don't want to see you in any pain or discomfort.
On a related note...you are still in feeding therapy. It's been 18 months, including a 7 week day praogram at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital. You have made some progress (you are eating a meal in about 20 minutes now and you will eat approximately 10 cheerios a day if forced). You just have no interest in food--other than baby food. You do not want to feed yourself (though you will on occassion help us) and you will often pocket your food in your mouth until it dissolves. I worry about you. I worry that you will still be eating baby food in college (though the therapists have assured me that I'm wrong). You are just so stubborn!
On a happier note...you are a daredevil...you have no fear. Sometimes, I still forget that you are only 2!
You are also so sweet. You always kiss my face and point to my nose and say "you have a cute little baby button nose". I have no idea where you get this stuff. I've never said that. It's adorable though. You are cuddly when you first wake up and you love to be held when you are tired.
You are a Daddy's boy. You love your Daddy and you want to do everything he does. You literally follow him around some days.
and...you Daddy....he loves every minute of it!
You are funny. You make me laugh every day. You sing all the time...and when you don't know the words...you make them up (something else your Daddy does regularly). Your favorite is still Row Row Row your Boat, but you also sing Jesus Loves Me and Call me Maybe pretty often. You like a wide variety of music! You also love the Zac Brown Band.
You are an early riser...and though I'd love to sleep in...I have to admit, cuddling with you in the morning is pretty sweet.
I had no idea what to expect when I brought you home. I knew very little about little boys, but we have learned together along the way. You make every day better. You make me laugh all the time. You are so thoughtful and so sweet. You are an awesome little brother and you love your sister so much. I love that you play so well together. You bring us such joy! If I could tell you I love you a hundred times a day (which I probably do), it would never be enough to really express how much we truly adore you. Your smiles and laughter despite everything (even when you are sick) inspire me. You are an amazing little boy.
I love you forever,
Mommy
What a cute little man!
ReplyDelete