Thursday, June 27, 2013

4th of July Craft for Preschoolers

With my Dad coming in town for the 4th of July, I thought it would be fun to decorate a little.  Then I thought....maybe the kids could help?  I rummaged through some crafty crap that I had laying around and came up with the idea of windsocks. 
Materials:
1 piece of poster board
red and blue streamers
stars (or whatever to decorate)
glue

First, I cut the poster board to make the tops of the windsocks.  I let the glue dry overnight.
Next, we decorated it with stars that I found in the $1 bins at target last year before school started.  They were bulletin board stars (incase you were wondering).  I'm sure you can make them, but I'm always looking for the fast and easy way out.  I only used the blue and red stars (came with a variety of colors).  Lastly, I let the kids glue the streamers on.  Easy peasy.
Mia did really well with the glue.  Pax...not so much.  He tried though and had fun.

They didn't really know what to do with them.  Mia thought it was a hat. 

Paxton was looking through his. 
But...a fun cute craft to decorate your house for the 4th! 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! I might have to try that this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen