I reviewed this book last summer or fall. You can read about it here.
Overall: Basically, I thought the book was engaging. I enjoyed reading it; however, it was really disturbing. I became more interested once I realized that her diary was fake.
Characters: I found that the characters were really not likeable. I appreciated that Amy was clever; however, her disregard for the lives of others was a big turnoff for me. I found Nick to be annoying. Even from the beginning I thought it was obvious that he was hiding something, although I never believed that he killed Amy.
Ending: The ending was really disturbing. I was not really happy that they decided to stay together because she was pregnant. They are both a little crazy and should definitely not be parents.
What did you think?



Haven't read yet, but it's on my list for the next few months!!!!
ReplyDeleteJulie
www.thechirpingmoms.com
I haven't read the book yet, but I've heard good things about it!
ReplyDeletei felt basically the exact same way as you did!
ReplyDeletehttp://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/27/book-review-gone-girl-by-gillian-flynn/
Haven't read it yet, but my mil is giving it to me this weekend, I am now extra curious to get my paws on it!
ReplyDelete