Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Closet Makeover

I have always dreamed of a big pink closet and it's finally happened!  I thought I had more before pictures (before paint and before hardwoods), but unfortunately, I can't find them.  So, imagine it white with carpet when we first bought it. 

First step...hardwoods and paint.  I think this is call "Hot Lips" from Benjamin Moore


We (by we I mean Chris) installed the closet system.  I went with the Pax system at Ikea.  I think it was meant to be (Pax--get it???).  I didn't go with the whole unit.  I feel like they take up too much space and I wanted space to walk around.

Please ignore the fact that I can't fold clothes propoerly.  Its one of the many chores that I hate.

Chris added some extra bars (is that the word??) for me to hang my clothes

I swear there are days when I have absolutely nothing to wear. 

I insisted on having shelves on the wall for my shoes.  Thanks pinterest for that idea! 

Of course, I had too many shoes so I had to buy an over the door shoe thingy as well. 

I also wanted a place to hang my purses.  Love it!

Lastly, I wanted a fun rug.  I found this one on Rugs USA and I could not be happier. 




What does your dream closet look like?


3 comments:

  1. That is such a cool color for a closet! I wasn't even considering painting ours, but now I want to do it in a funky color. Thanks alot, now you've created more work for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen