Thursday, July 18, 2013

Exploring my family tree

Last week, while my Dad was in town, we went to Whitacre, VA (named after my family, btw).  My Dad wanted to see the house where his grandmother (my great grandmother) used to live.  He had a lot of good memories there.  He also wanted to visit her grave and check out the area. 
My Grandmother was one of 14 kids.  I believe they were born in West Virginia, but then moved to Whitacre, VA. 

If you blink, you will miss it...literally.
This is the church that I believe they went to.




2 comments:

  1. How cool to have a town named after your family! I love history and your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so cool! I love Genealogy - the fact that you can trace your family so far back is incredible (and that you have a city named after you!)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen