Monday, August 19, 2013

Preschool Bible Lesson: Isaac's Blessing

Last week we learned about Isaac's blessing. 


The story is about Isaac's sons Esau and Jacob.  Isaac wanted Esau to receive his "blessing", but his wife, Rebecca wanted Jacob to receive it.  So, when Esau went out hunting for food-to make Isaac some soup, Rebecca made Jacob hairy - so he would feel like Esau and tricked Isaac into giving him his blessing. 


We did a couple of activities.  I found these worksheets online.  Mia had fun with them. 

She loves practicing her letters so this went over well.

To reinforce the lesson, I tried to re-enact the scene.  I used Chris's hat from the warrier dash and recreated the hairy arm scene. 

I had Mia close her eyes and feel the hairy arm.  I think this really helped to re-enforce what we learned this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen