Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What I've learned--and an update from Pax's surgery

First...my son is a champ!  He had an outpatient procedure done yesterday at 8:30am and was up and jumping around by noon.  He did get a little nauseas from the anestesia, but that was because he was running around.  He is still a little swollen and has stiches, but he's doing amazing.

I've learned a lot about myself over the past couple of weeks.  I've learned:
  • I hate airplanes even more than I thought.  Our flight had terrible turbulance and I literally cried.  Yup, I cried on an airplane full of people.  I hate flying.
  • I also do not enjoy being anywhere for more than 2 days without a car.  I feel trapped.  I like the freedom of knowing I can run to the store if I want...or just take a ride to get away. 
  • I have some really awesome friends.  I knew this before, but it really hit home yesterday.  I got emails, calls and texts from a few people asking about Pax and it meant so much to me!  I really appreciated knowing that people had thought of him, prayed for him, and cared enough to ask how it went.  I am so grateful to have met some amazing women in my new hometown. 
  • I'm not the hostess with the mostess.  While I've always known this, it hit home the other day when Chris asked if he could host a work party at our house for about 65 of his work friends.  My first thought was "um, sure if you get a porta potty".  Yup, the thought of that many strangers using my bathroom makes me ill.  I could go on and on about why and how I'm not up for the challenge, but I won't.  I realize my hospitality is not up to par. 
Have you learned anything about yourself lately?  Stop by tomorrow for a recap of our Wisconsin trip.


1 comment:

  1. So glad all went well with the surgery and preschool.

    I don't like feeling rushed to do anything.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen