Knowing what we went through, makes me also think of other families whose baby's have health issues that are not so easy to fix. I have been following Caleb's story (www.whenyourise) since his mom, Desiree was pregnant. Some families have had to live seperately to work and care for their other children. Some children have had to spend time in the hospital alone. I remember, when I was there with Pax, the child in the bed next to him spent the majority of his time alone. I'm assuming his parents had to work, but I'm not sure. He cried constantly. I asked if I could hold him or play with him, but I was not allowed. This was heartbreaking. I'm sure you are wondering why I'm going on and on about this and where this is going so I'll tell you. After we lost Parker, we decided to use the money we would have spent on his birthday party/gift to buy toys for kids who are stuck in the hospital. Seeing the kids when I was there with Pax only helped cement that this was a worthy cause. This year is the 5 year anniversary. While just writing this alone makes me cry, I want so badly to make this into something wonderful. Something amazing for other kids. So, I need your help.
I will be collecting new unopened toys from now until Sept 10th to deliver to Johns Hopkins Hospital on September 11th. I will post pictures so you can see all of the toys/gifts that we will be donating.
If you would like to help, please email me at kfinck4@gmail.com. You can have stuff shipped to me if you are interested. If you live in the MD/DC/NoVa area, I'd be happy to try to meet you somewhere.
Thanks in advance!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you,
Karen