Friday, August 3, 2012

Paxton therapy update

It's been a while since I've given any updates on Paxton's progress. If you follow this blog, you will know that my 2 year old little man has some feeding and sensory issues. Sometimes, it is hard. After reading some of my favorite bloggers who also happen to have 2 year olds, my son is not where they are. I hate to compare my child to others, but sometimes it is hard when I read about how some of them are counting, talking in 3-4 word sentences, and/or matching letters, etc. Paxton may not be doing those things yet, but he is showing great improvement. He eats lollipops now fairly often. He touches play doh and marshmellows. He also a ton of new words too including pool, ladder, catch, up please (2 words!!), milk, walk, and tons of others that I can't remember right now. He learns something new every day and I am just so proud of him. We are still enrolled in the Infants and Toddlers program and he receives speech therapy twice a month and occcupational therapy twice a month through that program. We are also paying another occupational/feeding therapist 1-2 a month. In addition, we are still on the waiting list for Kennedy Krieger. Three weeks ago, Paxton started preschool with Mia. He is going 2 mornings a week, but will start full time in September. He seems to like it and he's doing well so far. Though they usually do not take 2 year olds, I think he won them over with his sweet smile.

2 comments:

  1. Dont worry so much about your son. Every child is different. Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sounds like things are going in the right direction and that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen