Thursday, May 2, 2013

Calling all Cancer Survivors...

I've been thinking for 2 days about what to write today.  I have so much on my mind.  I'm sorry if you are getting sick of my posts about my Dad, but this is my outlet.  This is my therapy.  Today my Dad is meeting with the surgeon.  Tomorrow, he is meeting with the Oncologist.  If you are one of the handful of people who know me IRL and know I have a blog, then you know I don't take anything sitting down.  I fight for what I believe in and what I love most in this world.  When given bad news...I do 2 things.  First--I try to find a solution...a way to fix it and 2- I find a way to make something positive come out of it. 
With that said...I need a "fix".  I've spent 2 days doing research.  In addition to whatever treatments that the Doctor's offer, I want to also try other methods.  In short...I want to exhaust ALL efforts.  I found some information about flaxseed oil and cottage cheese helping with cancer.  I also found cases where garlic has helped to shrink and stop the spread of cancer.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Do you have any other remedies that you would recommend?  Before you comment, please note...I do not and will not interfere with any treatment offered by his Doctor.  We will run everything I come up with by his physicians first.  We will not do anything without their approval.  I'm just looking for options.
Thank you

Dad meets Mia.  Taken in 2008 after his 1st surgery to remove colon cancer. 



1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    I have been thinking about you and know what you are going through. My grandmother had brain cancer. One thing that I know kept her going, positive, and getting better was always having a hope for something. She loved reading and receiving cards, so we had everyone send cards to help keep her spirits up. She always had something to look forward to, which helped her get out of the hospital quicker.

    Watch this video...maybe it will help you :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoVM9nm42E

    I am praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen