** before I start...for those of you following my Dad's most recent bout with cancer--an update for you. He met with the Oncologist last friday and is scheduled for a biopsy on his lung today. I'm not sure what I"m hoping for--short of a miracle. We will get the results Tuesday and discuss treatment options hopefully soon after.
Ok...here we go...
Unlike my sibling(s) (that I love very much).... I have a full time job (outside of being a mom). Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, but definitely makes life a little easier to have extra money coming in.
My best friend says... we are more like sisters than best friends. We have lived together twice (during college and after) and have been friends since we were in Brownies together. Given that we're in our mid 30's now...that's a long time.
People call me... around 4pm when I'm driving home from work because that is my only free time to talk. And yes...I have a hands free device.
I most often dream... is that my tooth is falling out. Crazy... I wake up feeling my teeth with my tongue for hours after. It really freaks me out.
The best part of my day... is watching my kids run to me when I pick them up from preschool (before the whining starts).
I really don't understand... some parents. My 4 1/2 year old's friend's Dad told her yesterday that her and her friend should quit soccer because they aren't good at it. Needless to say...we are furious. Not to mention--my kid has scored a goal at every game (and even if she didn't--that's not something you say to a little kid).
I get really annoyed... when my kids won't go to bed (and stay in bed at night). I on the verge of slipping them some benedryl (ok, don't call CPS, i'm not serious-though the thought does cross my mind on occassion).
There's nothing like a... fountain coke to start my morning.
Lately, I can't get enough... of the Voice! Besides looking at Adam Levine (Which is reason enough to watch in my opinion), the talent is great. So much better than American Idol. And...I'm loving Shakira and Usher as judges!
One thing I am NOT is... a good cook. My poor husband now cringes when I try a new recipe I found on pinterest

I spent too much money on... junk (literally) for my kids. I"m such a sucker.
I want to learn.... to sew, but I seriously lack the motivation to thread the bobber thingy and learn.
If I ever met Bobby Flay, I would... ramble and mumble like a complete and total idiot. Oh wait...I did that.
I can't stop... this feeling any longer....and yet I'm still afraid to let it flow....what started out as friendship has grown stronger....I only wish I had the strength to let it show... A little REO Speedwagon this morning for you :)
Never have I ever... been camping. I don't understand the fun in sleeping on the ground and using public bathrooms.



Hey Karen, new reader here! I am totally with you on the camping, wtf? I see NOTHING exciting about the wilderness.
ReplyDeleteHey lady, I tried e-mailing you, but the message was returned:
ReplyDeleteI just stumbled upon your blog and was reading about Mia and Parker's story. Earlier today, a blog friend of mine posted something you might find interesting on her page:
http://www.frommrstomama.com/2013/05/a-mother-who-has-dealt-with-loss.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FromMrsToMama+%28From+Mrs.+to+Mama%29
Hopefully this might lead you to someone that might better understand your situation. My thoughts are with you, Parker, and your beautiful family!
Cassie
www.sagetheblog.blogspot.com