Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy 80th to my Uncle Basil

Last weekend, we drove 2 hours to my home town for a surprise 80th birthday party for my Uncle Basil.  He has been like a 2nd father to me.  I practically lived at their house for years growing up as they babysat me all through Elementary School.  I still cannot believe he just turned 80.  Here's hoping for many more years of good health and happiness (note--he was just diagnosed with prostate cancer so please pray that the radiation that he will start next week works!!).


He was so surprised! 

Just arriving with my cousin (his daughter) EJ. 

My mom and aunt Pat watching the magician

My aunt Lily holding Pax

Overall, it was a great party.  I can't put into words how happy I was to spend time with my family.  I don't realize how much I miss them until I see them all again.  I wish I could get back more often, but with the kid's activities and everything going on...it's hard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen