Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fallen, Week 1

 

It is no secret that I love to read.  I will read just about anything and I always finish what I start--which is sometimes really disappointing.  That being said, I was excited about joining Rosie's book club.  This month, the book is Fallen by Lauren Kate.  I had never heard of this book and probably would not have chosen it as I tend to stay away from sci fi type books; however, I decided to give it a shot.

So, on to this week's question.....
 
What was your reaction to the prologue? Did it successfully whet your appetite for more?
 
This works out well since I have only read the prologue!  My first thought was...what is this about....ghosts?  Vampires?  I did really like the attaction between the 2 characters (names unknown so far).  I'm curious as to why they can't be together.  It seems as if they are reliving this moment over and over (kind of like Groundhog day)  Side note...I hated Groundhog day so really hoping I'm wrong!!  I'm also wondering...did she disappear?  The last sentence left me hanging.  I'm anxious to see where this leads and learn more about the characters (and hopefully give them names). 
 
Have you read Fallen?  What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you have joined me in reading the book. For about 3 hours I thought I was going to be the tree falling over in an empty field or one hand clapping or something.

    Are you a member of the Facebook group? There's a link on the Book Club page on my blog (follow the sidebar link!)

    Rosie
    Obviously a new GFC follower!
    xx

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie,
      I am a member of the FB group :). I joined a couple of weeks ago. I'm a little further into Chapter 1 now and I am hooked for sure. Can't wait til next weeks link up!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen