Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fallen, Week 2


Week 2 of reviewing Fallen by Lauren Kate. 

This weeks question is:
How well do you think LK captured the experience of starting a new school?
 
I have never changed schools so I really cannot relate.  The only experience I have is when I started college.  I think LK did capture the experience of starting a new school though.  You could tell Luce was nervous and not sure who to trust.  I think most people can definitely relate to her.

What are your first impressions of Luce?
Upon first impression, I like Luce.  I feel sorry for her.  I think something happened that she doesn't understand or remember and she is misunderstood by her family.  I'm not sure yet what happened with Trever or how she doesn't remember, but it's clear (at least I feel like it is so far) that she didn't mean for Trever to get hurt and she really did care about him.  I think she feels guilty even though she is innocent. 
I can't wait to read everyones thoughts on this!

1 comment:

  1. I can't really say what I think happened with Trevor as I have read the entire series. However, I do agree with you on Luce's likeability. She is innocent and it's interesting how we, as humans, can be made to feel guilty without actually needing too. Most often I think we blame ourselves for things more than other people do.

    Thanks for joining in! Hopefully there will be more link-ups this week!

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen