Ha...somedays I feel this way, but not last night!
Last night, Mia woke up at midnight screaming. She was inconsolable. She was kicking us and thrashing around her bed. She would scream for me and then scream for Chris. It was obvious that she could not hear us as we were trying to calm her down. It was so disturbing.
We held here, rubbed her back, and tried to sooth her for about 20 minutes while she screamed. Finally, she woke up. She had no idea what had happened, only that I was holding her.
She then wanted to sleep in our room. After an experience like that....how could we say no? She scared us!
Three a.m. this morning, I wake up, laying in a pool of pee. Ugh....Good Morning to me, right? We had to stripe the sheets, change her, and make the bed. My the time we finished and I fell back to sleep, it was 5am and my alarm clock was going off.
I think its going to be a rough day.
How was your night?

Oh no!! I hope you can get some more sleep tonight.
ReplyDeleteMy cousin's son used to have very bad nightmares, but he outgrew it!! So hopefully Mia will as well!
hang in there! i have heard lots of my friends talk about their kids having night terrors. it's a face and will pass. The bed wetting, well, I am still dealing with that one! :(
ReplyDeleteShanna
Oh my goodness - that sounds like such a traumatic experience. I babysat for my friend's little girls once and I heard her crying loudly over the baby monitor. But when I went up and spoke to her -there was no reaction. So I picked her up, sat in her bed and just cuddled her while she slept/cried and until she stopped. She didn't wake up during the whole thing.
ReplyDeleteI don't have kids, she wasn't even mine and I was still really freaked out.
Hopefully, it will get better.
Rosie xx
Thanks...it is scary. She kicks and screams so it is hard to hold her when it happens. They say kids outgrow it so hoping it will be sooner than later :).
DeleteOh no! That must be so hard seeing your little girl go through that. My kids just hate going to bed and are kinda scared of the dark, but they haven't actually had night terrors :(
ReplyDelete