- Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding?
I am married. We got married on September 30th, 2006. The long version of our wedding story will be posted on September 30th; however, long story short….our car was stolen on the morning of our wedding by a 15 year old non English speaking, pot smoking, boy who got off with a slap on the wrist. Side note: car contained wedding bands, centerpieces, wedding favors, cake topper, guest book (framed picture), luggage, passports, video camera, --everything except my dress and his tux. This was NOT our dream wedding; however, with the help of friends and family, we managed to make it fun and full of love.
- Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.
These are pictures from our wedding. This was me before the ceremony with 2 of my bridesmaids. Amanda is on the left and my maid of honor, Renee is on the right.
This is us after walking back down the aisle after getting married. So incredibly happy to see Chris after an emotionally draining day!
We used Chris's 98 year old Grandmother's old 60 something Caddy as our ride.
Lastly, this is us after the wedding.
- How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?
Chris proposed to me at midnight on New Years 2005/2006. He did it in his parent’s sunroom in front of his family. I was happy that his brother knew and was able to get pictures, but I do not like being the center of attention. It was sweet though and perfect.
3. Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.
- Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last
I think sometimes people rush into marriage just because they want a wedding (this coming from someone who got engaged 6 months after dating and married 9 months after that). I think you have to have a solid friendship first. Chris and I had been close friends for 5 years before we started dating and I think that helped a lot. We also have the same views on life, money, and religion (for the most part). I think it is really helpful to talk about your expectations and what you want out of life before you walk down the aisle.






It's a shame that a lot of your belongings were stolen, but I think it's awesome that you made the best of it anyway, because ultimately, the day is all about the MARRIAGE, not the wedding :)
ReplyDeleteOh wow - cannot believe that happened! But looks like you guys made the best of us, and the meaning of the day is what matters most :)
ReplyDeleteOh man, that is horrible to have your car and all those important things stolen--getting things stolen is sad at any time, but that was probably the worst timing ever! Still, getting married was the important part, I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteWOW that's so awful! But you still had such a beautiful wedding :)
ReplyDeleteOh, how horrible, but glad your wedding was still beautiful!! So pretty you are!! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness what a story. My wedding was cancelled by hurricane Ike! But our marriage is still going strong. =)
ReplyDelete