Friday, August 24, 2012

Tangled in Emotions

Mia's 4th birthday party is 2 weeks away.  I'm writing this post in hopes that it will help me to get excited and inspired to make it extra special for her. You see....I struggle with her birthday.  Yes, it is a wonderful day...a day to celebrate my beautiful amazing and smart little girl, but it is also the anniversary of her twin brother's passing (or delivery as he was stillborn).  Every year, I find it so hard to find a place where I don't feel guilty for celebrating and I don't feel guilty for being sad.  Is there a happy medium?  If so, I have not found it. 
With that said, I'm going to show you some of the ideas I found via pinterest for her party. 

I ordered these adorable invitations from Kristen at Little Laws Prints. 
I haven't decided on food yet, but I love these paint brush inspired rice crispy treats!


Although the party is at the park, I have a couple of crafts planned.

I love the idea of kids decorating their own lantern.  I bought markers and adhesive jewels.

I also bought materials to make pascal blow-outs.

Lastly, I purchased 5x7 canvases and some paint for each kid as a party favor.  I had to come up with something gender neutral as there will be boys and girls there.

If you have any great party planning ideas you'd be willing to share, please do!!  I desperately need food ideas (the party will be outside so nothing that needs to be refridgerated) and I'm always up for decorating ideas as well. 
Have a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some cute ideas. I have never planned a party, only wedding, so sorry for not being able to help. Have you tried searching Pinterest? I am sure there are some great ideas there. Have a wonderful weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hun... I know her birthday will be such a bittersweet day for you. I am sending you love and strength.

    Are you going with a certain theme? Princess? Arts and craftsy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The theme is Tangled/Repunzel.

      Delete
  3. This may be a bit off for you but you may love it too: for that age group I would do little English muffin pizzas! You could either prepare them all ahead of time (just a bit of sauce and cheese on each half, put them all on a cookie sheet and toast them up together) or you can set up a build your own station for all of the kids. Perfectly hand-held and they can run around with them, and they aren't as terrible for you as ordering pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and those are easy to just let kids eat them cold too (Lunchables anyone?). And you can buy packs of the mini pepperoni for some if you want! So versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen