Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Literary Junkies







 What are you currently reading? Tell us about it.
I just finished Thoughtless yesterday.  While I could not put it down, I found the main characters to be really annoying and whiny.  But...like I said...I couldn't put it down so now I'm reading book 2- Effortless.  These are your classic Romance novels.  Easy summer reads about a Rock Star and a girl he falls in love with.  I am starting to like hte characters a little more in book 2 and I hear book 3 (Reckless) is even better.  We'll see. 
Summer is just ahead and my favourite thing to fantasize is laying in a hammock with a good book. What are your top 3 favourite "summer" reads?



I chose Chelsea Handler's" Are you there vodka, it's me, Chelsea", because her stories always make me laugh and this book was my favorite.  The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a fun easy read that always makes me smile.  I love the story behind their friendship.  I chose "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks because all of his books are great and I haven't read this one yet. 



What are your top 3 summer "to-reads"?



1.  Kristin Hannah, "Firefly Lane".  I have heard so much about this book that I have to read it soon.  Everyone says it is fantastic.  It's been on my list for a while now.
2.  Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.  I  read Jenny (The Bloggess's) blog and she is so funny.  She has one story in particular about a rooster that she sits outside of her door that had me laughing so hard I was crying.  Her book is a must read for me.
3.  Flat out Love by Jessica Park.  I put this on my list because I read a review on it from another blogger and it sounded like a book I would like.  I think it's a quick easy fun love story--with a sequel--Flat out Matt. 
What book do you wish they'd make it a movie of?
Unbroken is hands down the best book I've ever read.  This man's story is nothing short of amazing.  An Olympian, a POW, and finally, a devoted husband...I could not put it down.  I'd love to see his story turn into a movie. 
 Has your favorite author published a book lately or going to publish a book soon? Tell us about it.
 

I have absolutely no idea what this book is about--only that it is due out in September 2013.  But...I love Nicholas Sparks' books so I'm sure it will be great. 

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read The Longest Ride either. I'm so tempted to preorder it from Amazon cause I know it'll be hard to find around here as I live in the Carolina's and his books can fly off the shelfs here :)

    BTW hopping over from the Literary Junkies linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Best of Me is SUCH a great book! LOVE Sparks...so I'm super excited that The Longest Ride is coming out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. chelsea handler is a popular pick! i chose her for that question too.

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny Lawson is hilarious - if you like her blog, you will love her book. Just be careful if you are reading it around other people, because you will be laughing uproariously at several points. I read it on a plane - this was a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did not love Unbroken! I bet if it were a movie maybe I'd find it not as slow? I don't know. Maybe I need to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Unbroken a novel or a biography? Sounds pretty good, though for I always struggle to get into autobiographies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read The Bloggess book as well! And Chelsea Handler is hilarious. ;) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read Let's Pretend This Never Happened just because it looks so clever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! We have some favs in common! And I totally forgot that I really want to read Let's Pretend..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best books I've read this year are Vanessa diffenbaugh's the language of flowers and John green's the fault in our stars. Favorites are Ellen shanman's right before your eyes and Nora Roberts' dream, born in, and Chesapeake bay trilogies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unbroken was AMAZING. I read it last year and love love loved it!!! Now I have some new suggestions.... Ive Bern looking for a good book lately!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you,
Karen