What do I do?
I'm linking up with Jenni today from Story of My Life for Blog everyday in May. The question today is What do you do (for work)?
While I think of my main job as being a mom, unfortunately, it doesn't pay the bills so I also work full time in Human Resources. I am a WorkLife Coordinator and Employee Relations Specialist. It's kind of an oxymoran as I help employees by managing programs that help them balance their work and home life and I also serve as a representative for management when disciplining employees for performance and/or conduct issues.
As a worklife coordinator, I manage programs such as telework, childcare subsidy, health and wellness, drug free workplace, and leave programs (FMLA, leave bank, and leave transfer programs). I also plan events and lunch and learns to help employees stay healthy and be successful at work. My most recent lunch and learn was about eldercare. I have 2 more coming up this month. I'm sure that doens't sound super exciting, but it's my job and it pays the bills (mostly). I am very fortunate to still have a job in this economy.
So...what do you do?
Your job title is a mouthful. I hear you on paying the bills. I loved that line
ReplyDeleteI agree that your job title is a mouthful. I am a full-time mom of four who needs to find some sort of part-time telecommuting work to help with those bills! The irony is that although I have a Master's degree, I never really had a long term job to which I could return. My goal is to encourage my children to plan for their future rather than just drift along as I seem to have done. I just recently found your blog and I love it and your loving approach to your family and life.
ReplyDeleteLisa www.thinkingsoup.blogspot.com.