Thursday, May 24, 2012

Official Diagnosis and action plan

Tuesday, we had our feeding evaluation at Kennedy Krieger.  Paxton was officially "diagnosed" with a severe feeding disorder and they are recommending that he qualify for the program.  I'm filled with emotion.  I'm happy that they accepted him, are willing to help him/us, and have such amazing success rates (90%), I'm sad that it has come to this and that he "qualifies", and I'm overwhelmed at the amount of time and dedication this program will require.  There is a 6 month wait list, but once we start, we will be driving to Baltimore (over an hour each way) every day, Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm for 6-8 weeks.  I'm not a stay at home mom.  We both work full time.  I'm overwhelmed by the amount of leave we will need to take, by the drive everyday, and by the program itself.  It is an intense program and I'm just not sure how Paxton, nor I will handle it. 
In the meantime, we will be working with the speech and behavorial therapist once a month until we can get in full time.  We will also be maintaining our therapy with the County Infant and Toddlers program as well.  Please keep my little man in your prayers.  We are hoping for a miracle and hoping he will start eating table food and feeding himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen