Friday, May 25, 2012

Top 5 things this Friday

I'm linking up with Lauren again from From My Gray Desk for High Five Friday. Here are my 5 favorite things from this past week.

1.  I was able to check something else off of my summer bucket list for the kids. 
.        Fly a kite
2      Go on a nature walk/scavenger hunt
3      Have a picnic on the beach
4      Build a sandcastle
5      Go on a wagon ride
6       Set up the slip and slide
7        Play Frisbee
8        Sidewalk Chalk
          Ocean City
1       Catch Fireflies
1      Visit the local farmers market
1       Make Popsicles


We played frisbee outside yesterday for about an hour.  The kids loved it!  Mia tried to make Paxton "fetch" the frisbee when she threw it in the opposite direction, but he was too smart for her games.  He followed slowly behind letting her run after it.

2.  I saw a beautiful rainbow in the way into work this week.  It came at the perfect time as I was totally stressing about Paxton's evaluation and how we would make it work both financially and with taking the time off of work.  God knows exactly what we need when we need it.

3.  Paxton finally played in his rice.  This may not sound like a big deal, but he has some serious sensory issues and would not touch rice the first few times we tried.  This week, he was digging in it and throwing it!  




4.  Paxton fed himself 1 bite of baby food for the first time ever Wednesday evening.  I was so excited.  We clapped and cheered.  Best moment of the day by far!!  He also said "walk" for the first time.  I am so proud. 

5.  Mia's preschool agreed to take Paxton 2 days a week this summer for half days so that he can be around other kids who are talking and eating.  I am hoping this will help with his development. 

And...I know this isn't 5, but I felt like I was leaving Mia out this week so....

6.  Mia slept all night for the past few nights with no accidents! 

7.  Mia gave up her binky.  I'm not sure if I wrote that last week, but either way....it is gone!  Yay!! 
And...she did it cold turkey.  She is getting to be such a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen