I normally do not do New Years Resolutions; however, I think I am going to this year. I have found that I've become less patient and annoyed more easily (especially when it comes to our parents), more out of shape, and terrible with following things through. This year, I plan to:
1. Be a better teacher and example for my kids. I mean this in every aspect of parenting. I worked with Mia daily to teach her words, animal sounds, etc. I just find that I am exhausted now and I work less with Paxton. I also need to somehow figure out how to make God more a part of our daily life. Mia prays every night, but it isn't without a fight.
2. Be a better daughter/daughter in law. I often feel very overwhelmed with my husbands LARGE Italian family. They do everything together and I feel like I'm sufficating. I don't like others to tell me how to parent my kids, give them food without checking with me first, etc. But...that said, I need to be more accepting and tolerant. With my mom, I often feel like her parent as well instead of her daughter. I need to be nicer and more patient with her. She is becoming very forgetful and instead of being annoyed, I need to try to help her more.
3. Make more of an effort to help my kids get to know my Dad. I've had mixed feelings on this as I felt like he should make the effort. I felt like -"why should I have to travel to FL with 2 toddlers when he has no responsibilities and can travel much more easily--He does take cruises a few times a year yet he has only met my son once for 3 hours when we went to Disney". Oh well...I need to step up and take matters into my own hands. My Dad recently had colon cancer surgery for the 2nd time in 3 years. I realize now how little time we all have. I need to stop holding grudges and feeling like others should be responsible. If I want something, I need to do it myself. Therefore, I will travel with my kids to Florida more often so they can build a relationship.
4. Wear makeup to cover the dark circles under my eyes. Seriously...sometimes, I am just too lazy.
5. Lastly, I want to start running. Though I've lost all of my pregnancy weight and I'm happy with my size, I am really out of shape. I can barely make it up a flight of stairs without being out of breath. It's pathetic really. I used to go to the gym 6 days a week. I had a flat stomach, awesome abs, and toned legs and arms. Now...not so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you,
Karen