Friday, March 16, 2012

Another Paxton Update

Today we met with his Occupational Therapist for his sensory issues and eating.  Overall, I think it went ok.  Basically, she is recommending that we "brush his arms/legs" a few times a day and massage his face.  We have been doing that so it's a little frustrating that there aren't any new suggestions.  She also recommended that we continue leaving chunks of fruit in the pureed fruit that I make each week for him.  We continue to try to subject him to various textures:  foam soap, finger paint, play doh, pudding, cool whip, etc., but he HATES all of it and screams when it touches his hands.  It is so frustrating.  Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful.  I have a happy, healthy little boy who I love so much.  He is amazing.  But...it is frustrating to watch him continue to struggle with food and textures. 

On another note...my to do list this weekend:
-Consign some kids clothes and make some $$
-Go to mall and get new sunglasses
-Clean out Mia's dressers and get rid of stuff that doesn't fit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen