Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter 2012

While you may not agree with me on this, we have decided to not "do" the Easter Bunny.  I don't think it's terrible to have fun traditions including the Easter Bunny (both of our parents did), but we have chosen not to.  My children will still get Easter baskets, have Easter egg hunts, etc...we just won't be talking about or taking pictures with the Easter bunny.  Instead, we will be doing things to celebrate Jesus's ressurection.  Here are a few ideas that I found on Pinterst and am working on now for the kids:

Instead of your typical "advent" calendars, I'm going to use eggs to tell stories about Jesus.  I'm not doing it exactly how it was in this blog, but I'm using the same general ideas.  One egg will have gold fish as we talk about how Jesus fed 5000 people.  A couple eggs will have a page to color and a story about it.  Some will have jelly beans as we talk about what the colors of the jelly beans mean. See pin below:
I'm not sure about the rest yet, but this will be our Easter project this year.  The last egg will talk about the gifts that Jesus gives us.  From there, I'll tell my kids how much we love them and got them gifts for Easter as well.  Hopefully, they will not be too disappointed when all of their friends talk about the Easter bunny.  I just want to make sure my kids know what Easter is all about.  Do you have any special Easter traditions?  Even if it involves the Easter bunny, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you,
Karen